There are many benefits to Joining our Club and being a BSAC diver. Below are listed a number of benefits which our members enjoy.
Benefits of being a NSSAC club member include:
- Fully qualified BSAC instructors within the Club to train you up to Advanced Diver
- Unlimited use of the club compressor to fill air cylinders
- Diving from the Club’s 6.5m RIB (which you can learn to Drive)
- First choice of places on Club trips around the UK
- Swimming Pool facilities to learn in then practice in
- A busy schedule of dives organised around the year to take part in when you have free time (have a look at this year’s dive log on the home page)
- Borrowing equipment from instructors and other members
- Access to the many wrecks and scenic dive sites around our coast
- social events including beach barbeques and camping weekends
Benefits of being affiliated to the British Sub Aqua Club include:
- Monthly Magazine ‘SCUBA’ mailed to your door (annually worth over £45)
- The right to attend BSAC Skill Development Courses organised around the UK
- Third party insurance
- Qualifications that are internationally recognised and respected
- BSAC is the sport’s UK governing body and has more than 1,100 clubs and 300 centres around the world
We recognise that diving is an expensive sport to get started and modern diving equipment is not cheap. Many members do not buy all their equipment straight away but borrow many things from Club members including diving cylinders, weights and SCUBA sets.
The table below shows the membership costs for new diving members. One of the things this reflects is the fact that we have reduced the cost for multiple members of the same family diving.
In addition to the regular fees we have to charge divers when they go out in the boat in order to cover fuel and maintenance costs. This is £10, £15 or £20 depending on the distance traveled to the dive site and is for a two dive trip.
One of the unique benefits of being a member of our club is the area of coast we dive around. With it’s fairly remote location and low local population Dumfries & Galloway in South West Scotland has many rarely dived sites with no other active dive clubs. Whereas other dive clubs get used to arriving at a wreck site to have to wait their turn before diving, our dive sites are unlikely to be dived by anyone else but us. Plus our Club has discovered 2 new wrecks in as many years and is actively researching others.
So, if you fancy coming along to join us or would just like to find out more why not contact us. Alternatively come along to a try dive session which we run most year’s in February/March time.